New Registrations

The band, the music & all related topics.

Moderator: OX4

OX4
Site Admin

New Registrations

Postby OX4 » 14 Apr 2018, 21:00

Not that there is a lot of activity on the forum anymore (social media has pretty much destroyed niche online forums) but they still seem to attract spammers and false registrations. So, apologies to anyone who has genuinely tried to register in the past few weeks, as you will have been caught in a massive bulk deletion of fake accounts. 700 registrations in the past five weeks alone.

Whatever anti spam measures are active, these still seem to get through and I just don't have to time to trawl all these, looking for potentially genuine user data. If you are a real person and a Play Dead fan and wish to register then please do so and then send me an email letting me know (include the user name you have chosen) and I can pick you out of the list and activate the account.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your understanding. Seems to be the only way to separate the humans from the bots.

Re: New Registrations

Postby tomcurren » 09 Jun 2018, 19:20

I still get some informations reading the press collection on the site. Unfortunately, the forum is less active due to FB.
But i wanted to thank you for running well this site very useful. Sometimes i wonder if informations published on FB are not taken here...you're a kind of roots and roots never die ! ;)

OX4
Site Admin

Re: New Registrations

Postby OX4 » 04 Aug 2018, 14:10

tomcurren wrote:I still get some informations reading the press collection on the site. Unfortunately, the forum is less active due to FB.
But i wanted to thank you for running well this site very useful. Sometimes i wonder if informations published on FB are not taken here...you're a kind of roots and roots never die ! ;)

Hello Tom,

Glad you are finding the site useful, despite the forum becoming a desert these days!

We also run the Play Dead page on Facebook (the official page, not the Play Dead Appreciation Society fan page) so some of the material on there has been carried over from this site, you are correct.

Return to “Play Dead”