Solace - What's the difference???

The band, the music & all related topics.

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Donglos

Solace - What's the difference???

Postby Donglos » 16 Jul 2007, 18:26

Forgive me if I am missing something but what exactly is the difference between 'Solace' and 'Solace [Extended Version]' on 'From The Promised Land' reissue - Other than 1 beat taken out of the Introduction. I never had a copy of Isabel / Solace 7", only the 12" with the extended version, but I always thought that the 7" would be a shorter version. Once again I appologise if the answer is staring me in the face, but I honestly can't see or hear it.

I see on Jeffs Discography section it states that the 7" version of Solace is not available on CD.
25 years of gig pix http://gigpix.fotopic.net

shaeve
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby shaeve » 17 Jul 2007, 09:12

I always assumed they had cocked up on the CD and put the same song on twice . Again I assumed the extended version was just the 7" version with a few drum beats stuck in the middle as was the normal fayre in the early 80`s

correct me if I am wrong
Mutate or Die!!

jeff

Postby jeff » 17 Jul 2007, 14:23

steve

Postby steve » 24 Jul 2007, 11:08

Hi Guys.

Your all right. I dont know how it happened and for once I am totally innocent. I was never asked to listen to the CD prior to release.

Steve P.D.

Dave the Fish

Postby Dave the Fish » 26 Jul 2007, 12:38

That happened on the 'Resurrection' CD, exactly the same. There were two versions of 'Solace', the only difference being one drum beat. Odd. :? Never mind, it's not the end of the world. Main thing is that the album's been (re-) re-released, by all accounts favourably recieved, and hopefully a new generation of bods can discover some bloody good music... And at least this CD bleedin' well has 'Weeping Blood' on it, which 'Resurrection' didn't!!!! I never got why that was binned from the Clay CD; a fine song - any ideas Steve?

Jeff - don't beat yourself up about it!!!!

Return to “Play Dead”