Live on the Tube

The band, the music & all related topics.

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bluefromnowhere
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Live on the Tube

Postby bluefromnowhere » 20 Jul 2007, 09:05

Was watching 'Walk Away' on YouTube - trying to make people out in the crowd that I recognised. I could only identify Darren and Sue. Anyone on here see themselves or anyone they knew?!

jeff

Postby jeff » 20 Jul 2007, 13:24

heh. I'd always thought those people were sorta "extras" that the tube brought in. Not sure why, but most of them didn't look like what I expected an early 80s play dead fan to look like, and it always looks suspicious. :lol:

I think most of my stereotyping comes from watching siouxsie's nocturn video and seeing the crowd shots there vs the crowd shots at the tube set.

A lot less crimped hair for starters.

-jeff!

bluefromnowhere

The Tube

Postby bluefromnowhere » 20 Jul 2007, 13:42

Oh, no, they were the real deal - or at least mostly. I dare say that there were a few Newcastle goths, sub-goths and misc. freaks in there too. I didn't go (too far for a couple of songs), but I know that quite a few did.

the tenant

Postby the tenant » 20 Jul 2007, 15:15

yaeh Jeff im syre it been said beefore on here that Stay Dead managed to get followings banned on the Tube after they got reet pissed and abusive

shaeve

Postby shaeve » 21 Jul 2007, 07:59

With regards to a couple of songs. I have seen on youtube that when the cult performed on the tube they actually did 5 songs, Christians, 83rd dream, flower in the desert, spirit walker, horse nation.

But, only 3 were aired

I wonder if play dead actually did more songs and they are sitting in the archive somewhere waiting to be seen. Maybe Steve can shed some light on it. I do know for a fact if you appear on a TV show you can ask for a copy.

so you never know

Regards

A
Mutate or Die!!

johnpne

Postby johnpne » 14 Aug 2007, 18:50

With regards to the tube Play Dead only did the two songs
i know this as i was there with other members of the crew
we went by coach, i think this was orginesed by Si the then
manager it started in london and the nortern crew were picked up
some service station in sheffield.
With regard to any trouble it was not directed at Edwin Starr but at
Paul Wellar who was on with some shite collection and resulted in a few verbals and carried on outside when fuggy tried to get on his coach
and thump him.

Return to “Play Dead”