One of the best bands ever

The band, the music & all related topics.

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
darklord

One of the best bands ever

Postby darklord » 26 Apr 2006, 15:18

Just thought I would join up and show support for the memory of what I truely consider to be one of the best bands ever!
I saw Play Dead 100's of times around the early to mid 80's and I have everything the band ever released! With the exception of the Peel show sessions, which I have on tape anyway.
My band "Midnight Configuration" even recorded a cover version of "Walk Away".

Anyway, nice to see that there are people around who love the band as much as myself.
No longer nailed to the cross

jeff

Postby jeff » 26 Apr 2006, 16:53

Hey, welcome!

Check the discography section for mp3s of the peel sessions so you can retire your cassette tape. (although if your tapes sound better than the mp3s I have, I'd be quite interested in upgrading the ones on the site)

If you've got a recording of your band doing walk away, I'd gladly host it on the site here as another section people can check out. It'd be fun to put together enough bands doing PD covers that we could do our own tribute album as they seem to be rather popular nowadays.

I wonder if I can get my band to do something? :P
http://www.autumn-us.com

-jeff!

shaeve
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby shaeve » 27 Apr 2006, 05:26

Midnight configuration,...hmmm..didnt Trev from Every New Dead ghost have somthing to do with that band?

I was a big ENDG fan ..still have all the tapes

Sorry off topic

Andi

darklord

Postby darklord » 27 Apr 2006, 11:27

Errm, that's me, I am Trev formerly from Every New Dead Ghost and currently with Midnight Configuration. So hi, as you may or may not know I was and always will be a big Play Dead fan, so love the site and am happy to get in touch with other Play Dead fans.
Also, please email me your email address and I will send you an mp3 of our cover version of "Walk Away" for download or whatever.
In addition to that, I am recording a new MC album at the moment and we have recorded one song which uses a loop taken from "The Last Degree". When that is mixed and mastered, I can send you an mp3 of that.

the tenant

Postby the tenant » 27 Apr 2006, 17:48

Alright Trev, i remember doing a ENDG tour back in the day , you were supported by Another Cuba, thats cool to here you still doing music, id like to get hold of some of your new stuff and maybe some old ENDG stuff, hasd it on tape, but lost it now.

darklord

Postby darklord » 28 Apr 2006, 08:55

Eh up everyone. Without going down "off topic" street too much, if anyone is interested in fining out about Every New Dead Ghost, Midnight Configuration and or the releases of Nightbreed recordings, please visit our forum and join up it's free and there is a posting about this site already there. Please go to:
www.churchofnightbreed.com
Another Cuba eh, a great bunch of lads!

Return to “Play Dead”