De Luca

The band, the music & all related topics.

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SadBast
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

De Luca

Postby SadBast » 09 Jan 2008, 01:45

I see from the discography pages that the De Luca story remains a bit of a mystery. I have one clue, but it probably leads to more questions than it answers.

Specifically I recently acquired a copy of a De Luca's 7" single from 1991. The info it contains:

tracks: revolution boy (4.24) / high fever - live (5.04)
writing credit: a.f. de luca
production credit: jon jacobs
label: equator records, 17 hereford mansions, hereford road, london w2
cat: AD 1

sadly i don't have a scanner or digital camera to hand, but i note it has a stiff white card sleeve

- front illustration is a 7cm wide vertical silver stripe with a black silhouette of a guitarist playing with his instrument behind his head. to the right of the silver stripe is the De Luca logo with the words 'revolution boy' below, written as a cross (sharing the first 'O').

- rear illustration, as front but no silhoutte, instead logo, track listing and credits written in various typefaces in the grey stripe.

- vinyl's labels are white with lots of tiny text and a small version of the black silhouette on both front and rear.

- inside i found a postcard sized b&w promotional card, with a square photo of three musicians in a disturbingly Wham like pose! (white t-shirts, loop earings, stubble, eye-liner, lots of hair products etc). an address label for the record company is stuck to the back of the card.

does anyone know if this release includes any P.D. involvement?

steve

Postby steve » 10 Jan 2008, 16:43

Hi There.

I know that Pete was in a Band called De Luca Triangle along with the late Nigel Gledhill( Sex Gang, Cult etc) and some other bloke, but that is sum of my knowlege.

Steve P.D.

shaeve

Postby shaeve » 11 Jan 2008, 12:18

The band was Pete on bass (Play Dead), Albie Deluca (UK Decay) Guitar and vocals and another guy (see above) ..a 3 piece hence the triangle in the name.

Thats as much as i know, see photos from the Planet X gig in Liverpool on the site taken by me.

info on the band is my best recollection please feel free to call me names and correct

Cheers

A
Mutate or Die!!

charnelboy

Postby charnelboy » 08 Apr 2009, 15:05

Return to “Play Dead”