Play Dead - What a band!

The band, the music & all related topics.

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
West Hammer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Play Dead - What a band!

Postby West Hammer » 06 Feb 2009, 01:10

Hi all,

Been a massive fan since I stumbled upon Play Dead supporting the Joke on the Fire Dances tour as a teenager in 83. Still listen to my CDs of Resurrection and Company of Justice now - still got pretty much all the released vinyl stuff and a few bootlegs somewhere - alas the t shirts are long gone!

Can't recall how many times exactly I saw the band but it must have been 4 or 5 culminating in the front row at the final gig at Bowes Lyon House in my old hometown of Stevenage. That was a top night - and Chatshow supported. I bought a Chatshow tape from the Merch Stall for a few quid which contained demo's of loads of the Chatshow songs - still got it somewhere I'm sure (incredible guitar) - it really was well played in the day.

My lasting memory of that night was Chatshow (I think) spraying silly string at Play Dead during their encore - from memory I don't think Rob was too amused.

Anyway great site Jeff. I've been on it a few times but never got round to registering and posting before. Keep up the good work!

:roll:

jeff

Postby jeff » 22 Feb 2009, 20:20

thanks for the thanks!

sorry things have been really slow around here lately-real life has really got me by the balls lately.

If you're into chatshow, I've put up a little memorial for them here:

http://www.companyofjustice.com/mp3s/chatshow/

-jeff!

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 06 Mar 2009, 17:04

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink.

Return to “Play Dead”