Life before dead

The band, the music & all related topics.

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
max070300
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Life before dead

Postby max070300 » 30 Oct 2009, 16:02

Does anyone remember First Offence? Saw them support Generation X at the Oranges and Lemons in Oxford October 79. Pete W and Steve Green on Bass & Guitar, some bloke in cowboy boots on drums, and Plank (Last seen as Radiohead guitar tech) on vocals. "First Offence Rockers Plank is God" was painted in 6ft letters on the stump of a railway bridge beside the A40 and stayed there until the late 80s.
JT Raja

steve

A lifetime ago

Postby steve » 09 Nov 2009, 13:10

My God! that's a lifetime ago, were you living in Oxford back then? Id forgotten about that time, brought back some memories for me ta.

Steve. P.D.

max070300

Postby max070300 » 10 Nov 2009, 13:35

Yep, arrived a few weeks before and my first two gigs were the Buzzcocks/Joy Division at the New Theatre (October 30th 1979) and the First Offence/GenX gig which must have been in October as well. Pete got the p*ss taken for wearing a Generation X T shirt on stage.
JT Raja

jeff

Postby jeff » 10 Nov 2009, 14:36

any chance there are *any* recordings of this, in live or demo form?
i'd love to host the files here... i can transfer tapes to mp3 ya know. ;)

steve

Postby steve » 15 Jan 2010, 15:57

Hi Guys. We are talking about about a very early stumbling into music. lots of anger and anarchy and lets rock. but wait a minute how do you play these things?
If anybody found a tape and it had my prints on, I would deny it in court.........probably.

Return to “Play Dead”