Always short sets !

The band, the music & all related topics.

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tricky1963
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Always short sets !

Postby tricky1963 » 07 Mar 2011, 11:52

I am not criticising, as I would give me right arm for PD to still be around today, but listening to bootlegs of the PD gigs I have been to, didn't they always play a really short set ?

A lot of times you would be lucky to get more than 10 songs, and they are the only band I have ever seen who didn't give an encore (and I have seen plenty of bands in my time). That was Leeds Tiffanys 11th Oct '83.

I just wondered if anyone else remembers them this way ?

Like I say though, I would give just about anything to see them for one last time. What a sad loss to music.

barbedwirekisses

Postby barbedwirekisses » 15 Jun 2011, 14:10

I would have loved to have seen them live too...sadly I would have only been a small child at the time they were around... :cry:

I liked them first when I was a goth years ago and I have the 'Company of Justice' LP from then which I only got as I loved 'This Side of Heaven' which I discovered on a Goth Rock compilation and I dug out the LP recently and gave it a listen again and thought, 'This is actually pretty fantastic!'
Needless to say I absolutely LOVE them now... :D

I could kick myself now though as a record shop which closed a few years ago that I used to frequent had TONS of theirs stuff....!!!!

Oh and I'm listening to 'Isabel right now... :)

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 01 Aug 2011, 14:32

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink.

tricky1963

Postby tricky1963 » 21 Aug 2011, 08:50

Donny

Postby Donny » 31 Aug 2011, 21:57

Some of the short sets could be due to them being the support band, alot of the time support slots were strictly limited to 45 mins.

tricky1963

Postby tricky1963 » 17 Sep 2011, 15:23

Return to “Play Dead”