Good Memories - 1st time post!

The band, the music & all related topics.

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
staydead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Good Memories - 1st time post!

Postby staydead » 17 Nov 2006, 21:22

Hello one and all. My name is Andy, from Bedford - fully paid up member of the Stay Dead Crew!

'twas me who supplied Jeff with some of the stuff on his website - pictures, flyers, etc., along with (if I remember rightly) the VHS copy of Into The Fire live from the Stevenage Bowes Lyon gig.

I have read through the post on the forum and my memory was jogged several times. I remember Johnno from Leicester (who was always full of great stories) and the VERY rough nights at the Golden Lion Birmingham, Coventry Poly, JB's in Dudley, and several more.

Good to see the footage from The Tube and remember being told how Stay Dead did indeed get messy and abused Edwin Starr? (correct me if I am wrong!). I couldn't get away from work early enough to get to Newcastle so went to see my other passion "Sunglasses After Dark" in Reading instead.

I will throw some names in and see what comes up; from Bedford - Richard, Liam, Steve, Karl, Tom. From other areas Craig, Gobber, Noddy, Pete, Dave, Tim, Mandy, Doddy, Aslef.

Good to see all the posts. And congratulations to Jeff for keping things going!

Lee

Postby Lee » 17 Nov 2006, 22:20

Hi I remember Cov Poly, to young to get in still it didn't stop me trying, what a shit hole glad i left.
There is nothing better in life than writing on the sole of your slipper with a biro

the tenant

Postby the tenant » 20 Nov 2006, 16:34

Andy yeah thats it Edwin Starr ha ha, mate thanks for all the stuff you sorted out with Jeff, i was too young to see Play Dead when they were going, but my brother was in the Fictitious Four another Oxford band that played with Play Dead early 80s and the only name i remember of his mates that used to see Play Dead was a bloke called Crow, dont know if you know him? Thanks again

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 20 Nov 2006, 18:50

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink.

Rob G

Postby Rob G » 16 Dec 2006, 22:22

Hi Staydead Andy. I think the well rough Brum gig was at the Golden Eagle, an old Hell's Angels joint that the Brum skins took on the staydead crew big time. Riot started, band got off stage sharpish & locked themselves & fans inside dressing room for yonks. Dodgy gig indeed which was a follow on from even worse stuff at the Tin Can Club - all my fave locals, we're nice people Brummies aren't we!

Never saw similar scenes elsewhere.

Rob

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 16 Dec 2006, 22:31

Hi Rob, good to see a new poster, it's Pretty Dead round here, hope you liven things up.

James
If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink.

Return to “Play Dead”