anyone into the mission UK? companyofjustice get together?

Non Play Dead related music discussions

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jeff

anyone into the mission UK? companyofjustice get together?

Postby jeff » 04 Oct 2007, 01:43

So, I've decided to do the craziest thing I've ever done for a band.
The Mission UK are playing a 4 night set from Feb 27th-March 1st 2008...

"The Mission, the band will be celebrating
their 22nd year of existence with four shows on consecutive nights at
Shepherds Bush Empire, London, from Wednesday 27th February through to Saturday 1st March, 2008. Each night will be dedicated to a specific
album and time period with the band performing albums in their entirety
along with relevant single 'b' sides and live favourites from that
particular time.
Wednesday 27th February 2008: First Chapter
Thursday 28th February 2008: God's Own Medicine
Friday 29th February 2008: Children
Saturday 1st March 2008: Carved In Sand"

...and I'm going to fly over the pond to see it. I'll be there a night or two before and afterward, but that's about it, unfortunately.

I was thinking, that if there were others nearby in London, that we could have our first informal companyofjustice get together (ie, drinking party) sometime around those dates. Not to say that you all can't have one without me, but this will be a fairly rare appearance for me to be in the promised land, so it would be a hoot to meet up with some of my best online friends...

just an idea. kick it to the curb if need be.

-jeff!

the tenant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby the tenant » 10 Oct 2007, 17:41

i'll answre you Jeff, im not going to any of the Mission gigs, sorry fella

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 10 Oct 2007, 19:18

there's quite a few guys from here going http://www.imaginarywalls.com/forum/vie ... c&start=60 I could do the intros if you want?
If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink.

Dark Eyes

Postby Dark Eyes » 16 Oct 2007, 13:17

Whilst I have no interest in seeing the mish, I am more than happy to met up for a CoJ drink in London.

jeff

Postby jeff » 16 Oct 2007, 13:53

I was just about to say that if you ever wanted to see the mission play, you better go to these final 4 shows, as Wayne is quitting it after that, but I see now that they've tacked on an entire tour prior to these last 4. jeeze.
it's as bad as the cure telling everyone that they're finished, only to pop out another album and do a world tour behind it...

Anyway, great to hear there's at least a modicum of interest in a round of drinks. I have yet to figure out where I'll be and when I'll be there, but there's plenty of time to plan that sorta thing out. I'm more than happy to just tag along with anything the nephilim folks come up with too. Nothing better than a bunch of old goths taking over a local pub!

-jeff!

jeff

Postby jeff » 25 Feb 2008, 14:51

:cry:

ok, I totally blew this one. Sorry I've been hitched onto another project as of late, and have not given this site or PD the love they need and deserve.

Anyway, the plane leaves tomorrow-I'll be in London in the AM on wednesday and will be there until sunday.

I'm staying at:
St Christopher?s Shepherds Bush / Belushis Bar
13-15 Shepherds Bush Green, London. W12

This is essentially next door to the venue where the Mish are playing.

I'll be wearing a play dead shirt often, but I think it's a wee bit too cold to be wearing it and nothing else (be reasonable!) outside.

Hopefully I can drum up some business at the gigs themselves, where I will be proudly promoting our boys.

If you or anyone you love see a skinny, balding, Michael Stipe lookalike wearing a PD shirt-you've found me.

Full report upon my return, unless nothing interesting happens.

-jeff!

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 25 Feb 2008, 15:41

have you asked anyone on Dawnrazor where their meeting, I know there's a fair few going and some Heartlanders too?

jeff

Postby jeff » 25 Feb 2008, 19:10

I have not.

I can't imagine it'll be too hard to spot any of them, considering where I'm staying and where the gigs are though. I should have no problems joining any group of black clad folks for a drink or two, so even if I don't meet up with FotN groupies in particular, we're all one happy family. This'll just be a 4 day party with lots of Indian food in between. what's not to love?

the tenant

Postby the tenant » 26 Feb 2008, 15:48

enjoy yourself Jeff, watch out for Claytown Troupe, a class band, i think theyre supporting the third night, not sure though

jeff

Postby jeff » 04 Mar 2008, 15:18

Wow, that was a blast indeed. despite the jetlag and the expense, it was totally worth it. Met lots of great people, ate some great food, and explored a city that has been a part of my life through music and dreams for the past two decades of my life. (this was actually my 2nd trip there, but I got to do more exploring this time) The mish were really, really good, with support from Simon Hinkler himself and they played all the songs I wanted to hear (and several I didn't) :P

Got many, many approving looks and smiles from my play dead shirts, which I wore on nights 1 and 3. Perhaps it was just people thinking I was cute, but I think it was the shirt instead.

On the 2nd night, the DJ played "This Side of Heaven" between bands. I *swear* I saw someone else wearing one of our shirts that 2nd night, but it was such a brief look that I couldn't be sure. I kept an eye out the remainder of the night, but never saw the guy again. The venue was packed with people, and folks in the balcony couldn't mix with us on the floor.

On the 3rd night, the DJ played "The Tenant" but it was still very early in the evening (I was in the queue outside when I heard it).

No direct contact with someone about the band, but plenty of good advertising among the right crowd. Unfortunately I don't have a web hit counter so I can't tell if hits to the site have increased.

As for the shows themselves, I have never witnessed anything quite like the crowd participation. In every mish and sisters live footage i've seen, there were always people sitting on other people's shoulders. i figured
that now, 20 years later, these people would be too old to do such things,
or maybe i'd see a pair of crutches or a walker jutting into the air
instead... oh my no, they were building human pyramids 3 people high!
unbelievable!! I have never seen anything like it before. It certainly made me realize how incredibly boring we are here in the states as a crowd.

-jeff!

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 04 Mar 2008, 16:19

Arne from Germany apparently, but not one of our t-shirts

jeff

Postby jeff » 04 Mar 2008, 19:21

now, how in the world did you get that photo? That looks a lot like the pub next door to the club alright.

amazing!

I'm not sure that's the guy I saw, but that's really interesting. I thought for sure the printing was white (the logo anyway) on the shirt I saw, which is why I thought it was ours.

and where did he get THAT shirt? It can't be vintage can it? This is fun.

-jeff!

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 04 Mar 2008, 21:36

Vintage? Who can tell...

stacks of photos over at that Neff forum (don't make me paste the links Jeff, I'm so tired).

Return to “Other bands/music”