Greetings from Yorkshire

Non Play Dead related music discussions

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Robs
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Greetings from Yorkshire

Postby Robs » 30 Dec 2007, 17:51

Thought as a newbie I'd better say hi.

Reading through some of the forums, I'll say I got to see the band 3 times (I think) It was a long time ago, and I've done a lot since. !?!?Certainly one of the top 3 I ever saw (Damned and UK Decay being the others).
I've had a third generation vid copy of Into the Fire for many years, so the chance to upgrade it is most welcome.

I was at the March Violets homecoming gig in Leeds earlier this month, and it was certainly an 'event', but my god Simon has put on some weight. Says me hah.
Here's a link to one of the Youtube postings from that night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmivqJin0P8

My Bradford neghbours Skeletal Family are in the studio working on their second 'reformed' album, but I still miss Anne Marie (and her vocals lol). Think they're touring in the spring

For those around the 'scene', I was a good mate of Turds - practically lived with him (ahem) - saw him a year ago at a Levellers gig, but he was in a bad way that night.

Not used to these forum thingys, so will wish all a happy new year n sign off.

the tenant

Postby the tenant » 31 Dec 2007, 12:39

Hi Robs, glad to see you found the site, not much going on lately, well since the t shirts were made, hope you have a good new year, that goes to all of you out there, BIG LOVE Chris

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 27 Jan 2008, 20:03

Hello Robs, sorry for the silence but this place is dead and I have a lot going on at the moment. We do have some very tasty t-shirts 'tho. :mrgreen:
If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink.

jeff

Postby jeff » 31 Jan 2008, 16:56

likewise, hello from the other side of the pond.

yeah, this place is a little dreary lately. I've been off doing another (completely unrelated) project, and since that is nearing a state of getting wrapped up, I will hopefully be able to dedicate some further time in cleaning things up here and post a lot more bootleg mp3s. (probably no sooner than march)

I always get jealous whenever someone posts about how many times they saw PD live. I got to see them exactly zero times, but perhaps that's why I got so obsessed over them, I created this little shrine.

welcome!

-jeff!

the tenant

Postby the tenant » 02 Feb 2008, 19:51

Robs was that the March Violets gig that Salvation were one of the support bands, if so did you see them and were they good, i used to go and see them quite a bit when i was younger.

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 02 Feb 2008, 20:16

full line up was:
Screaming Banshee Aircrew
Salvation
25 Men (please check out their tracks on , James Ray is involved)
Chris Reed (ex RLYL) solo set, so I'm told
The March Violets

bootlegs of Salvation and MV are available on :mrgreen:
here's the back of the flyer

the tenant

Postby the tenant » 02 Feb 2008, 21:02

Red, do you have to be a member of Heartlands coz i couldnt find it on there, not used to that many posts:0)

Robs

Postby Robs » 15 Feb 2008, 17:25

"The Revolution evaporates, & leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy. The chains of tormented mankind are made out of red tape."

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 15 Feb 2008, 17:34

@ Chris and Robs, you have to be a member of Heartland to see the "Weeding" section (please read the rules first) we have our own "Weeding" area and the rules are copied in there. It's a bit quiet like most of the things on here, but if there's enough interest, I'll get a hold of the Salvation boot and post it in our Weeding section.

that's two takers already, I guess... :D

Return to “Other bands/music”