Lean Steel / Balaam And The Angel

Non Play Dead related music discussions

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lee
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Lean Steel / Balaam And The Angel

Postby Lee » 13 Oct 2006, 20:38

Any body see Lean Steel or Balaam Live, Lean Steel played the Silver Sword in Coventry and Balaam at some club in Birmingham.

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 13 Oct 2006, 21:32

Balaam and the Trousers? I still have their embarrasing Tube appearance on VHS.
The Lean chappie/combo means nowt to me, sorry Lee. :oops:
If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink.

shaeve

Postby shaeve » 14 Oct 2006, 19:22

Banjo

Postby Banjo » 15 Oct 2006, 11:29

I saw Balaam support the Cult a few times, but I never liked them. Shaeve may have a point - it might have been the pyjamas that put me off! :)
Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever

the tenant

Postby the tenant » 15 Oct 2006, 16:29

Balaam were the first band i saw when i moved to Pompey in about 1987 with ghostdance supporting, they were alright live but awful on record and ghostdance blew them away live

Donny

Postby Donny » 06 Dec 2006, 19:00

Rob G

Balaam

Postby Rob G » 16 Dec 2006, 22:02

Just to buck the trend, saw Balaam probably >100 times - first saw them supporting Skeletal Family in Brum. They were great but did take about 15 viewings to get it! Fave gig was Cult/Play Dead/Balaam at Aylesbury.

Probably all too late now but they are playing The Paradise Lounge, Lichfield Sunday 17 Dec 06 - free entry. Their website is www.balaamandtheangel.com - it seems you either love 'em or hate 'em.

Rob

shaeve

Postby shaeve » 17 Dec 2006, 02:50

Only another 3 times then and maybe I would have got it.

Ill check the web out

cheers

Andi

Ps..just been to the site and I see they dont wear their pyjamas in the street anymore. Its gotta be a good thing
Mutate or Die!!

Rob G

Postby Rob G » 17 Dec 2006, 12:55

Thanks Andi, yes perhaps just 3 short!

I always found the pyjamas a tad strange but hey, whatever. Will be going this evening but weighing in at 40+ you're never quite sure what to do - embarrass yourself and dance or look like a manager/producer and stand on the side. For whatever reason I didn't get to PD on the Tube but did get to the Balaam appearance, I'm the tosser in the white tee shirt hogging the camera on Love Me (see yourtube).

I was dodgy vocals in a band called CKV (Steve produced one of our recording sessions), never had the privilege of supporting PD but did support Balaam, Bolshoi & even King Kurt! If I'm honest I can't remember the 1st PD gig but think it was Tin Can Club, perhaps supporting Death Cult? Not sure. Ayslebury was my fave with Cult/PD/Balaam but Futurama (5?) was also superb with Killing Joke/Cult/PD/New Model Army.

Been to NZ twice this last year, will be there next year with work too. Must be the last place on the planet I expected anyone to have heard of PD.

Rob

Return to “Other bands/music”