The Sisters Of Mercy - 3 remasters deal

Non Play Dead related music discussions

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Red Sunsets
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Sisters Of Mercy - 3 remasters deal

Postby Red Sunsets » 28 Oct 2006, 20:59

This is not Spam folks - a mate over at Heartland, The Sisters forum has organised a deal with a client of his: the all 3 remasters with extras for ?20, free delivery anywhere - :D
If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink.

jeff

Re: The Sisters Of Mercy - 3 remasters deal

Postby jeff » 28 Oct 2006, 21:14

Nice!

Too bad I only ever want to listen to 1/3 of that package! :lol:

After the break up, I couldn't stand listening to those other projects with the name of the band whose music I held so dear to my heart.

First and Last and Always STILL moves me after all these years...

-jeff!
Last edited by jeff on 28 Oct 2006, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 28 Oct 2006, 21:27

I got Floodland today (I pre-ordered at HMV when it was first announced) and it's a lovely wee package - excellent sound, wonderful tracks, nice booklet with pics and extensive sleevenote. Genius! :D

hgrey

Sisters

Postby hgrey » 30 Oct 2006, 17:55

The Sisters were an interesting bunch. I remember hearing the first few singles, including Alice and Anaconda, and really getting into the group. And First, Last and Always is superb, though it takes me back to a very dark and drugged out part of my life. I really liked the Sisterhood album, something about it grabbed me. Floodland was actually the first audio CD I ever bought. It has a spacey ethereal quality to it that I liked. "Driven Like the Snow" is one of ma favorite songs on the album. Though isn't this the album that Jim Steinman (of Meatloaf fame) was involved with?. Vision Thing is OK, but they started to lose me by this point. Ribbons is a great song though. I saw them at Radio City Music Hall in NYC around this time (along with Gang of Four, Public Enemy ?!?, and I think Warrior Soul) and it was pretty boring. Actually, Mr. Eldritch spends a great deal of time worrying about other people's opinions of the band.

Harold
San Jose, CA

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 30 Oct 2006, 20:24

Hi Harold,
Steinman was only involved on This Corrosion from Floodland and More from the Vision Thing album.
I got First And Last And Always today and it is just gorgeous, nice package, great sounds and to finally have Blood Money, Poison Door and Bury Me Deep on CD is, well words fail me. 8) :D

Lee

Postby Lee » 30 Oct 2006, 23:33

There is nothing better in life than writing on the sole of your slipper with a biro

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 31 Oct 2006, 17:49

Pale Fire

Postby Pale Fire » 03 Nov 2006, 19:13

scotty

Postby scotty » 14 Nov 2006, 16:51

I've all Three coming, Vision Thing has a good Home to go to :wink:
'MON THE KITTENS!!!

shaeve

Postby shaeve » 02 Mar 2007, 21:55

FALAA was a great album I have bought the remaster. The other 2 and can leave at best.

The B sides on the remaster are B sides at best. When I bought the 12" so long ago I thought they were dross and to have the likes of Poison door on CD is another excuse to press the skip key. I think they had run out of ideas by the latter stage. Maybe cause old Wayne was getting too involved..

Andi
Mutate or Die!!

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 02 Mar 2007, 22:13

Pale Fire

Postby Pale Fire » 03 Mar 2007, 20:07

-Chris Haney!

Death to Videodrome!!!!

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 03 Mar 2007, 20:24

shaeve

Postby shaeve » 06 Mar 2007, 07:01

Mutate or Die!!

Return to “Other bands/music”