whew! (bridge collapse a little too close to me)

Everything else. No religion or politics please.

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jeff

whew! (bridge collapse a little too close to me)

Postby jeff » 02 Aug 2007, 13:22

You may have heard by now that a rather large bridge just collapsed:

This is about 8 blocks from my house. When it happened the lights flickered in my house due to the earthquake that it produced. I was scheduled to go to a meeting on the other side of that river, and was actually on the next bridge over when all the emergency crew started responding. Traffic was insane and it wasn't until I was on the other side did I even find out what had happened.

I had luckily taken the other bridge because the one that failed had been under construction for the past several weeks and traffic is a nightmare on it.

Creepy #1: Had that bridge not been under construction, I most certainly would have been on it to get to my appointment. However, had the bridge not been under construction, it probably would have been fine.

Creepy #2: Had I not had an appointment to go to that evening, I would certainly have been out on a bicycle ride, and one of my training rides is to do some hill climbing along the banks of the river. During one of these training rides, I ride underneath that very bridge no less than 8 times, and I absolutely would have been out there at that hour of the day.

Creepy #3: So far, I've heard of 2 people who are quite close to me that were on that bridge within an hour of it failing.

-jeff!

the tenant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby the tenant » 02 Aug 2007, 15:53

shit thats a bit of a close one!!!

shaeve

Postby shaeve » 02 Aug 2007, 20:04

Saw that on the news yesterday and thought of you. If your time isnt up , it isnt up...when it is , thats when you have to worry

Regards

A
Mutate or Die!!

Return to “Off topic”