Book recommendations

Everything else. No religion or politics please.

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
OX4
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Book recommendations

Postby OX4 » 01 Jun 2015, 18:01

I love books. I travel a lot so tend to get through quite a few. I am, however, mostly out of touch with contemporary fiction. Most of my favourite authors (Neville Shute, Ernest K Gann, Arthur Conan Doyle, John Wyndham to name but four) passed away long ago so I can't really be expecting anything new from any of them. Hence I've been going through history, biographies and other factuals mostly recently.

Would love to hear if anyone has read anything recently that has blown them away. Nick Hornby, Ian Banks and William Gibson are probably the contemporary authors that I have read the most of. Although my interest in Gibson is steadily waning.

Many & much thanks for any suggestions.

Return to “Off topic”