Sophie Lancaster

Everything else. No religion or politics please.

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
NEVERAGAINRACING
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sophie Lancaster

Postby NEVERAGAINRACING » 30 Aug 2007, 21:42

http://www.therossendalefreepress.co.uk ... ghter.html

Hav a read and see if it makes you sick to your stomache. This is where i live in a rural town north of manchester. Nothing happens here, then this, sickening attack in our local park.

You know, this park has a paddling pool, swings and childrens area, tennis courts, skate park, avery, rose garden, football pitch. Its the most redeeming part of a humdrum town.

The worst part is that these two people were kicked into comas for being GOTHS, by three 15 years olds and a 17 year old. Sophie never recovered and died.

I did the whole punk and goth thing, granted it was 20 years ago, but what is going on, rival punk gangs of lads had scuffles, but these were innocent people assaulted by a gang of children! or Children in the eyes of the law.

im beyond words, saddened and sickened!
please tell your friends about this, maybe even sign the book of condolence.

Squelch

Postby Squelch » 31 Aug 2007, 23:01

Yeah, absolutely sickening. I'm from Liverpool (where an 11 year old kid has just been shot dead) and saw this on the regional news so felt a connection. What the hell is up with people these days? I'm glad I was a teen 20 years ago, although now I worry everytime my son goes out weekends. He's 18 now and moved out, legal age for drinking here, but all through him growing up me and his mother knew his friends and knew they weren't being bastards. Like when I was a kid, there was a certain time you had to be home at night, and he mostly stuck to it. These days parents don't seem to give a shit what their kids are up to or how late they stay out. My thoughts and good energy go out to the family of Sophie Lancaster. Another victim of an indifferent, uninterested government.

shaeve

Postby shaeve » 01 Sep 2007, 06:48

Its makes you want to move away from the UK, the place has gone to the dogs
Mutate or Die!!

steve

Postby steve » 04 Sep 2007, 10:13

billt

Some justice

Postby billt » 28 Apr 2008, 20:19

Note that the judge described this as a 'hate crime'; hopefully this will make it harder for these filth if they have the nerve to appeal against the sentence.

Return to “Off topic”