Worst. Song. Ever.

The band, the music & all related topics.

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dave the Fish
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Worst. Song. Ever.

Postby Dave the Fish » 04 Feb 2011, 23:44

Hi all, seems to be getting like the Marie Celeste round here, so though I'd start a new topic for a little good-humoured banter between PD fans - that, and I've just sunk a very nice bottle of Californian red wine...

Any road up, what's your worst ever Play Dead track - either officially released or one of those early oddities only appearing on bootlegs? Personally, I'm finding it a little tricky, 'cos in me humble opinion, they were a flippin' brilliantly consistent band. However, I'm not too keen on Pray to Mecca, never really liked that one - always seemed a little contrived to me. Probably not helped by dodgy bootleg versions which sound like they were recorded in the venues' gents lavvy. Of the more recent stuff, probably Holy Holy wouldn't take up too much of my time, but even that's pretty good I suppose. So I'd plump for Pray to Mecca as worst PD song ever, but anyone have any other PD songs they ain't too keen on?

Dave

jeff

Re: Worst. Song. Ever.

Postby jeff » 09 Feb 2011, 14:57

Holy Holy has to be mine. Never really goes anywhere and is so utterly stuck in a time warp of 80s nastiness.

really though, out of what, 60 songs, 70 songs? 1 stinker is far from average for any band. hell, my band only had like 25 songs and we've got at least 20 stinkers! :P

OX4
Site Admin

Postby OX4 » 13 Feb 2011, 18:08

Weeping Blood. Tedious goth dirge.

tricky1963

Postby tricky1963 » 09 Mar 2011, 16:55

If we just take from First Flower onwards :

Time
Weeping Blood
Chains
Treason
Reward
Burning Down

but "Propaganda 1984 Mix" is just an insult. Terrible, really terrible

NB I think the orginal mix of Holy Holy is superb but the remixes are garbage.

Red Sunsets

Postby Red Sunsets » 01 Aug 2011, 14:41

Treason and Reward are on CoJ so they can do no wrong - a brilliant ellpee from start to finish
If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink.

d francis

worst track....

Postby d francis » 27 Aug 2011, 20:32

tricky one this, but still in chains from CoJ is pretty poor.
not crazy about conspiracy either...
be seeing you

d francis

Postby d francis » 27 Aug 2011, 20:34

treason, reward and burning down are awesome tracks from the real stand out album "CoJ...in my humble opinion. :D
be seeing you

EndzeitPsychedelic

Postby EndzeitPsychedelic » 28 Jan 2012, 11:43

the avenues of sin we built on thin ice...

playdeadandi

Re: Worst. Song. Ever.

Postby playdeadandi » 11 Feb 2012, 23:55

"check it out -check it out"

Return to “Play Dead”