Futurama 1983

The band, the music & all related topics.

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
OX4
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Futurama 1983

Postby OX4 » 17 Mar 2012, 12:08

This is the festival I was referring to in this post http://www.companyofjustice.com/forum/v ... .php?t=176 How many of these bands do you remember and how many of them were, honestly, any good, looking back?

Batman

Postby Batman » 19 Mar 2012, 07:12

I went to the second day and can remember them all except Holy Toy and Ground Zero. I remember Jayne County getting bottled off.
Lavolta Lakota were a Southern Death Cult type band led by Dave Hicks. He lived round the corner from me in Hulme and was later in Revenge with Peter Hook.
Bone Orchard at the bottom were a Birthday Party clone from Brighton that played a lot with the Inca Babies, again from Hulme. Harry Stafford is an old mate of mine.

OX4
Site Admin

Postby OX4 » 20 Mar 2012, 18:42

Batman

Postby Batman » 22 Mar 2012, 08:42

tricky1963

Postby tricky1963 » 13 Apr 2012, 10:04

I only went to the second day but remember it well. Sitting on the concrete floor of the old tram shed listening to the sound bouncing around. It was an awful place but was the only big venue in Leeds.

PD and Killing Joke were fantastic, although I remember NMA being not very good for some reason. Some of the bands were plain awful but I am sure the acoustics didn't help at all.

The place has been knocked down now and is an NCP car park.

OX4
Site Admin

Postby OX4 » 10 May 2012, 12:28

Loads more flyers collected here-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33135085@N ... 455086944/

Makes me feel well old...

Rob G

Postby Rob G » 11 Apr 2013, 19:24

I only went to the second day but felt like I'd died and gone to heaven there were so many good bands. Not heard of NMA before then but loved them even though I'm sure they only played half a dozen songs then were lugged off. Saw them a week or so later in Bristol and there were maybe 30 or 40 there. Loved PD and the crowd were particularly excitable that day. DC were just a brilliant band, all over far too quick and KJ were and are the great KJ. Entry cost then was just about a pint of beer these days in the smoke.... :)

Return to “Play Dead”