Birmingham Tin Can

The band, the music & all related topics.

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
OX4
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Birmingham Tin Can

Postby OX4 » 10 May 2012, 12:47

I don't think that this is the gig that ended in violence and where that unfortunate chap had his accident, as I remember that was a hot day so it can't have been in December-

So what year was this- '83? I guess I must have missed this one for some reason, as I've only been to the Tin Can once.

Batman

Postby Batman » 11 May 2012, 06:43

You're right about the hot day. I remember waiting on the roof with a few people to avoid having to pay.

It's probably 1983. I don't remember 1919 being so active before then.
I saw them at Hammersmith Clarendon with a mate of mine and a lot of the crowd were making Killing Joke jokes. The band said "This one's called After the Fall" and someone said "After the all of what?". Someone else said "Because".

Rob G

Postby Rob G » 11 Apr 2013, 19:47

I think 1983, a few months after the Leeds Futurama gig. The Tin Can was my home then, cracking venue! All played there then, a Sisters gig there was about the most packed I've ever known. Anyway, I think it was a gang of skinheads causing the problems at Brum PD gigs but never knew why.

Equally chaotic at a PD gig at the Golden Eagle, maybe that's where it all started? That might have been Spring/Summer of 1983, might have been my first PD gig so a great start!

Batman

Postby Batman » 12 Apr 2013, 07:46

I was at that Golden Eagle one as well. It kicked off so bad that we ended up leaving and getting taxis to Fuggie's house in Dudley. There were about 12 of us. His mum was great and made breakfast for us all.
The next night was Coventry Poly.

staydead

Postby staydead » 14 May 2013, 19:08

charnelboy

Postby charnelboy » 15 Nov 2013, 22:55

charnelboy

Postby charnelboy » 15 Nov 2013, 22:57

Return to “Play Dead”