The final pieces

The band, the music & all related topics.

Moderators: jeff, OX4

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The final pieces

Postby Guest » 25 Mar 2006, 10:05

jeff

Re: The final pieces

Postby jeff » 25 Mar 2006, 20:58

shaeve

Postby shaeve » 26 Mar 2006, 00:18

jeff

Postby jeff » 27 Mar 2006, 22:05

Postby Guest » 15 Apr 2006, 10:37

shaeve

Postby shaeve » 24 Jan 2015, 08:51

Hiya,

Long time no post

lost a bunch of mp3 in a crash so came back to grab the final pieces.

Links seem to be dead for a bunch of mp3`s

Anybody got them?
Mutate or Die!!

jeff

Postby jeff » 29 Jan 2015, 16:32

very strange.

I usually go here for the mp3 collection:
http://companyofjustice.com/mp3s/

and for whatever reason, the final pieces tracks are missing.
I am no longer in control of the domain, so I can't re-upload them or fix the links, but I do have them all in my personal collection, so if we can just get my stuff over there, we'll be back in business.

morbidrockgod

Postby morbidrockgod » 31 Jan 2015, 23:05

Thanks for posting that! Now I'm indulging in those bootlegs!

jeff

Postby jeff » 02 Feb 2015, 15:45

I think that was supposed to be kind of a secret link, but I guess the cat's out of the bag now. :)

davethefish

Postby davethefish » 17 Feb 2015, 00:08

Jeff, you're a legend, thank you, sir!!! :)))

What a great blast from the past. Two things strike me after trawling through the mp3s - firstly, what was the source of the 'outtakes' - They sound blimmin' good to me? Just genuinely interested about these as they sound bloody fab; and the other thing - was the original mix of FTPL that bad? I mean, Really? Sounds alright to me...

jeff

Postby jeff » 19 Feb 2015, 14:38

I don't know where the outtakes were recorded or when, but IIRC, the story of how they got to me (and us!) is that someone here on the forum bought the cassette from someone peddling a bunch of used tapes outside of a car wash or something back in the 80s. We don't know who it was that was selling them or how that person got that tape originally, but we can all thank our stars that they weren't lost to the sands of time. It makes me wonder if there is a shoebox of tapes in pete or steve's closet that might contain even more treasures like that... [open invite- if you have unreleased demos and need them digitized, I am happy to do it! :P ]

FTPL original mix was always strange to me too. I thought it sounded fine. If anything it's perhaps a bit 80's sounding, but considering that's when the album was released, it probably should sound that way.

Return to “Play Dead”