Chatshow

Non Play Dead related music discussions

Moderators: jeff, OX4

the tenant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby the tenant » 24 Aug 2006, 17:13

Banjo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Banjo » 24 Aug 2006, 21:02

Top three bass influences eh? Hmmmm. Pete, Simon Gallup (The Cure), Derek Forbes (early Simple Minds). I also love Bernard Rogers work on ABC's Lexicon of Love - cool bass playing! Like you say, I wish I could play bass as well as any of them!

The Autumn site looks cool Jeff - I'm intrigued to hear what you sound like now. I'll have to keep an eye out for some of your stuff.

As for the Playtime tape, I'm sure I've got better ones around somewhere. If you give me a while, I'll track down a later gig - we definately got better as we went on. I'd rather a later one was made public if you don't mind :oops: some of our early gigs were baaaaad!

I've got to say that I'm made up that we've stuck in people's minds tho!!!!!!! Dont you just love the Internet! :)

Banjo
Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever

shaeve

Postby shaeve » 25 Aug 2006, 04:43

Hey,

Scorpio rising- formally An Alien Heat.. a guy I know played bass in that band "Fishcake" was his name. Another friend of mine used to start and stop the drum tape...things were very basic at the beginning.

The band I was in was called "Dreams in the Dollhouse",,shortened to just Dollhouse. We were a Chester based band, didnt get over to "the Pool" or Birkenhead much at all. I played bass as well..

Top 3 influences..Pete( of course), Dave Roberts, Stuart Morrow..

Although my sound is like non of them but a hash of them all, plus some of me

I would suspect that you wouldnt have heard of my band...even tho we were fantastic hehehe. We had a V for vendetta backdrop which you may remember if you did see us around

Cheers to the tenant for looking for some PS stuff. I have the 1st album but its 13,000 miles away.

Great......... :!:

Regards

A

Lee

Psych surgeons

Postby Lee » 25 Aug 2006, 18:02

the tenant

Postby the tenant » 04 Oct 2006, 20:06

havent been able to find psycho surgeons 7" but found this website with a video of them live

http://www.psychosurgeons.co.uk/index.php

hope it brings back memories

Lee

Postby Lee » 04 Oct 2006, 21:14

Very cool thanks, It all seems so long ago following bands from town to town!

Banjo

Postby Banjo » 10 Oct 2006, 21:52

Shaeve, your knowledge of the Liverpool Goth scene is very impressive! This is kind of the Internet equivalent of going to a foreign country and bumping into someone you used to go to school with isn't it! :)

Jeff - I've managed to track both the Autumn albums down - good stuff my friend! Nice atmospheric feel to it, hints of Slowdive, early Mission, maybe Kate Bush. Some cool music going on underneath the (also cool) vocals - quite a powerhouse sound in places. Are you still going/gigging?

Banjo

shaeve

Postby shaeve » 11 Oct 2006, 06:16

Its a great, forum, and good to throw some old stories about to those with like minds and tastes who wish to listen.

Thanks Jeff for a great place to post.

Although we do seem to diversifying..or is that just me..

A

jeff

Postby jeff » 16 Oct 2006, 18:40

Banjo

Postby Banjo » 16 Oct 2006, 20:12

Ha! Thanks Jeff - I'll grab the rest of your stuff then :)

Banjo

jonsound

chatshow demos....

Postby jonsound » 19 Nov 2006, 18:13

i have a box full of demo tapes, live gigs etc and will get round to converting them to mp3 at some point, hopefully over xmas! i will post a pick of the best at some point next year.... if I have time!!!! jon chatshow

the tenant

Postby the tenant » 20 Nov 2006, 16:27

jon that would be very cool, something to look forward to in the new year, thanks a lot

the tenant

Postby the tenant » 20 Nov 2006, 20:05

jeff

Re: chatshow demos....

Postby jeff » 21 Nov 2006, 14:39

jonsound

Postby jonsound » 23 Nov 2006, 18:02

Return to “Other bands/music”